Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter, Micro Four Third (Micro-4/3, MFT) Manual Focus Lenses to Sony Alpha E-Mount Mirrorless Camera Body
This adapter will not work with electronically-controlled MFT lenses. This adapter is designed for third-party manual focus lenses such as Rokinon lenses.
If you have a SLR or DSLR camera and other maker/mount lenses, the Fotodiox Mount Adapters allow you to use your lenses on the film/digital camera body. Sharing lenses has some distinct advantages. Certain prime lens just can't be replaced, and you save the cost of purchase on new lenses. Fotodiox offers a range of adapter from large format to smaller format digital adapters. Adapting larger format lens to smaller format sensors (i.e: large format to medium format, medium format to 35mm, 35mm to micro 4/3) provides excellent edge-to-edge sharpness. The smaller image field helps minimize the effects of lens distortion and aberration by using the 'sweet spot' or center of the larger lens image circle.
This Fotodiox lens mount adapter is made with high standard precision. Its all metal design and polished surface is designed to guarantee smooth mounting and long lasting experiences. This adapter allows Micro Four Thirds (Micro-4/3, MFT) Lenses to fit on a Sony Alpha E-Mount system camera body.
Although the lens will fit physically, automatic diaphragm, auto-focusing, or any other functions will not operate correctly while using this adapter. In this case "stop-down mode" will need to be used when metering since the lens does not have the ability to have its aperture controlled by the camera body. You can shoot with manual mode or aperture priority mode. Infinity focusing is allowed.
Sony Alpha E-Mount Camera Compatibility List for Most Adapter Types
Sony E-Mount Mirrorless Cameras - Popular models include:
* Note - This list specifically covers Consumer, Pro, DLX Stretch, TLT ROKR, DLX, ND Throttle, Polar Throttle, Shift, Macro & Astro adapter types. This list is NOT for Fusion, PRONTO or RhinoCam Vertex type adapters.
Note: Due to variations in their lens mount design, Vazen brand lenses have been found to fit too loosely on this adapter.
||MFT mount manual focus lenses to Sony Alpha NEX E-Mount (digital body) Lens Mount Adapter
|Material of Construction
||Industrial Grade Aluminum
|TTL Flash Metering
All pictures are for illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary slightly due to ongoing improvements in design.
- • Sony Alpha α7 I / II / III, α7R I / II / III / IV, α7S I / II / III, α9 I / II, α1
- • Sony Alpha α3000, α3500, α5000, α5100, α6000, m α6100, α6300, α6400, α6500, α6600
- • Sony Alpha NEX-3, NEX-C3, NEX-F3, NEX-3N, NEX-5, NEX-5N, NEX-5R, NEX-5T, NEX-6, NEX-7
- • Sony Smartshot QX1, QX10, QX30, QX100
- • Sony Security SNC-VB770, UMC-S3C
- • Sony Handicam NEX-VG10, NEX-VG20, NEX-VG30, NEX-VG900
- • Sony NXCAM NEX-EA50, NEX-FS100, NEX-FS700, NEX-FS700R
- • Sony XDCAM FS5, FS5 II, FS7, FS7 II, FX3, FX6, FX9
- • Sony CineAlta VENICE
- • Due to variations in their lens mount design, Vazen brand lenses have been found to fit too loosely on this adapter.
- • On full frame Sony Alpha E-Mount bodies such as the Sony A7/A7r, the image circle from MFT lenses will not cover the full frame sensor. Crop sensor mode will have to be used to avoid vignetting.
- • Not suitable for OEM MFT lenses - Ideal with third-party manual focus lenses.
- • This is a manual adapter, so lens functions that rely on electronic communication with the camera body (autofocus, AE metering, image stabilization, etc.) will be disrupted.
- • Some cameras need to be set a certain way to work with our adapters or you may get a message such as 'Error Lens Not Attached - Check lens'. Please check the support articles on the Fotodiox Knowledge Base for possible solutions on a variety of camera brands.
- • 'Focus-By-Wire' lenses (such as Canon's STM or Nikons AF-P) requires power to engage the manual focus rings on the lens, since manual lens mount adapters do not power the lens, those lenses will not be able to focus.
- • Set your exposure manually or meter using your camera's Aperture Priority (stop-down) mode.
- • If your lens does not have a manual aperture control ring, the lens aperture will revert to its default position, which depending on the lens is either stopped down to its largest f-stop or opened up to its smallest f-stop.
- • To determine what the new 'Crop Factor' or 'Equivalent Focal Length' of the lens when used on your camera will be, please check the Fotodiox Knowledge Base article.