The RhinoCam is a camera system that, for the first time in the digital age, puts the power of a full-size 6x6 medium format back into the hands of virtually any photographer. Utilizing the more affordable full frame Sony α7 series of E-Mount digital camera's, RhinoCam enables photographers at any level to capture the dramatic detail and sharpness only available with a sensor three times larger than even a high-end full-frame 35mm sensor. The RhinoCam delivers stunning images up to ~196* megapixel images while offering photographers their choice of low-cost sensor options and classic lenses.
* When used with an α7r II camera resulting in a 14,000x14,000 pixel image
Capable of creating the dramatic full 6x6 medium format images previously reserved for photographers working with expensive medium format back cameras, RhinoCam is ideal for landscape, commercial and architectural photographers seeking remarkably high resolution at a fraction of the cost. Using an interchangeable lens mount, RhinoCam couples a medium format lens with the Sony E-Mount Camera. The built-in Composition Screen enables photographers to preview the composed shot. The lens remains firmly in place while the RhinoCam’s moving platform positions the sensor for multiple precisely-positioned exposures.
RhinoCam offers a cost-effective alternative to full size medium format back options which cost 20 to 30 times more than more 35mm digital cameras. This innovative system makes it possible for photographers to achieve the high quality resolution, detail and sharpness found in images taken with medium format cameras, but for under $1,500.
After the capture process, it takes seconds to merge the multiple exposures into one larger image using automated stitching functionality built into recent versions of Adobe® Photoshop® and other software offerings. RhinoCam images are finalized using the more accurate flat stitching method, avoiding the perspective errors and curvilinear distortion present in images joined via spherical stitching often found with motorized systems that move both camera body and lens. The result is a 6x6 medium format photograph that is almost six times the normal resolution of a high-end full-frame 35mm camera sensor.
- • Compact and lightweight construction ideal for backpack photographers who would otherwise need to transport much heavier gear to photograph large vistas
- • Connects a low cost camera sensor with a medium format lens for astonishing medium format photography at a fraction of the normal price
- • Preview the composed image before taking the first shot with the built in Composition Screen
- • Multiple exposures are in a linear array, perfect for flat-stitching to reduce distortion errors inherent in spherical stitching
- • When the photographer upgrades their camera, the RhinoCam delivers even higher quality pictures
- • 24-Month Manufacturer Warranty
Sony Alpha E-mount Cameras (Including, but not limited to):
Sony α7 (ILCE-7), α7R (ILCE-7R), α7S (ILCE-7S)
Sony α7 II (ILCE-7M2), α7R II (ILCE-7RM2), α7S II (ILCE-7SM2)
This listing is for the Full Frame α7 Series E-Mount Camera version of the RhinoCam, please click here for the Sony APS-C E-Mount camera version of the RhinoCam for cameras such as the NEX-5, α3500 & α5100
||Vizelex RhinoCam for Sony α7 Series E-Mount Camera Bodies
||6x6 Square Format
||Industrial Grade Aluminum