Fotodiox Pro Lens Adapter - Compatible with Arri PL (Positive Lock) Mount Lenses to Leica L-Mount (TL/SL) Mirrorless Cameras
Leica L-Mount Cameras - Popular models include:
- Leica T (Typ 701), Leica SL (Typ 601), Leica TL, Leica TL2
- Leica CL Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Panasonic Lumix DC-S1, DC-S1R, DC-S1H
Mirrorless cameras aren't only revolutionary because of their compact size; they're even more versatile for mounting lenses than their full-sized counterparts! Whether you're shooting digitally or on film, Fotodiox offers the world's largest selection of lens adapters with strong support for mirrorless camera platforms with hundreds of options for mounting both modern and vintage lenses. Mix camera/lens platforms or reinvigorate vintage glass; our adapters deliver infinity focus, manual aperture control, and a sturdy build for lasting quality.
Putting old lenses onto hew, high-performance DSLR or mirrorless cameras seems counter-intuitive so why would anyone want to? The simple answer is that many older lenses can capture images that have that elusive quality known as character. For photographers or videographers who want to create unique images that express their personal style, character can be even more important than resolution numbers, corner-to-corner sharpness, and other advantages of the near perfect lenses that are quite common today.
The imperfections and aberrations of older lenses are the very strengths that set them apart from modern lenses. Additionally, a fully mechanical lens is likely repairable longer and less expensively than modern focus-by-wire lenses. Old lenses also let you change camera systems, or your mount can get retired and your lenses won’t be bricked. At the extreme case, some mirrorless lenses require firmware updates for every new body, so even if the mount stays around lenses won't stay on that update list forever (for instance Nikon's new E lenses are incompatible with cameras just two generations old).
Fotodiox employs Professional Photographers in every aspect of development and design to create products that are built to last. The Pro line of adapters is crafted to withstand the rigors and demands of the professional photographer. Our adapters are manufactured with precise tolerances, providing a solid, gap free, no wiggle connection for stress free use. No adjustments needed! Fotodiox adapters are meant to be taken off and put back on your camera as much as needed while remaining as precise as the day you bought them.
Fotodiox Pro adapters feature all-metal, no plastic construction to create a secure connection between your glass and camera that will not degrade over time, keeping the lens-camera connection secure with every use. We use chrome plated brass mounts for enhanced durability and reliability. All Fotodiox products are backed by our 24-month Fotodiox Manufacturer Warranty.
- • This is a manual adapter, so lens functions that rely on electronic communication with the camera body (autofocus, AE metering, image stabilization, etc.) will be disrupted.
- • Some cameras need to be set a certain way to work with our adapters or you may get a message such as 'Error Lens Not Attached - Check lens'. Please check the support articles on the Fotodiox Knowledge Base for possible solutions on a variety of camera brands.
- • 'Focus-By-Wire' lenses (such as Canon's STM or Nikons AF-P) requires power to engage the manual focus rings on the lens, since manual lens mount adapters do not power the lens, those lenses will not be able to focus.
- • Set your exposure manually or meter using your camera's Aperture Priority (stop-down) mode.
- • If your lens does not have a manual aperture control ring, the lens aperture will revert to its default position, which depending on the lens is either stopped down to its largest f-stop or opened up to its smallest f-stop.
- • To determine what the new 'Crop Factor' or 'Equivalent Focal Length' of the lens when used on your camera will be, please check the Fotodiox Knowledge Base article.
All pictures are for illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary slightly due to ongoing improvements in design.