Fotodiox Pro Automatic Macro Extension Tube, 20mm Section - for Fujifilm Fuji G-Mount GFX Mirrorless Cameras for Extreme Close-up Photography
Fotodiox Pro Auto Macro Extension Tube for Fujifilm Fuji G-Mount GFX Mirrorless Cameras are automatic tubes that communicate all electronic functions from the lens to camera, including auto-focus and auto-exposure. Macro extension tubes are a wonderful alternative to expensive macro lenses. Macro extension tubes maintain the original optical quality while transforming the normal lens into a macro lens. By placing distance between your camera body and lens, focusing distance is shortened and the effect of magnifying your subject is created. Because no optical components are added into this extension tube, the image preserves the original optical properties of the lens.
This is far more desired than the close-up lenses which are added to the front of the lens via filter thread, which alter the optical quality resulting in a blurry image full of artifacts. Adding an extension tube increases the effective aperture, reducing the amount of light entering the camera, which means you will need to use either a longer shutter speed or higher ISO to compensate for the loss of light. Your camera, if it's set to an automatic exposure mode, will take care of this automatically for you. Macro extension tubes are an affordable and simple way to turn any existing lens into a macro lens.
- • Maintains the electronic functions of the lens, including auto-focus and auto-exposure
- • All metal construction and smooth surface for effortless mounting
- • No optical insert - maintains lens optical quality
- • Can combine tubes for various macro ratios
All pictures are for illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary slightly due to ongoing improvements in design.
- • Extension tubes work best with short to medium focal lengths, they are less effective with telephoto lenses
- • Extra magnification also magnifies camera shake as well as the subject, tripod use is recommended
- • Be sure to use the smallest aperture (largest number) on your lens to give you adequate depth-of-field for better quality images
- • Each ring brings you closer to the subject as you increase the distance between lens and camera
- • Different lens lengths will require a different distance to be used from the subject, if the subject is not in focus move the camera closer or further from the subject until the subject comes into focus
- • The effectiveness of extension tubes decreases as focal length increases. You will need to be careful when working with extreme wide-angle lenses as the focusing distance required may be closer to the lens than physically possible (ie you'd hit the front lens element before you achieve focus).
||Fujifilm Fuji G-Mount GFX Mirrorless
||3 x 3.1 x 1.1 in (7.7 x 8 x 2.7 cm) @ 0.3 lb (5.3 oz)
||5 x 5 x 5 in (12.7 x 12.7 x 12.7 cm) @ 1.0 lb (16 oz)