Vizelex Cine ND Throttle Lens Mount Adapter – Canon EOS (EF / EF-S) D/SLR Lens to Sony Alpha E-Mount Mirrorless Camera Body with Built-In Variable ND Filter (2 to 8 Stops)
Sony Alpha E-Mount Camera Compatibility List for Most Adapter Types
Sony E-Mount Mirrorless Cameras – Popular models include:
* Note – This list specifically covers Consumer, Pro, DLX Stretch, TLT ROKR, DLX, ND Throttle, Polar Throttle, Shift, Macro & Astro adapter types. This list is NOT for Fusion, PRONTO or RhinoCam Vertex type adapters
- • Sony Alpha α7 I / II / III, α7R I / II / III / IV, α7S I / II / III, α9 I / II, α1
- • Sony Alpha α3000, α3500, α5000, α5100, α6000, m α6100, α6300, α6400, α6500, α6600
- • Sony Alpha NEX-3, NEX-C3, NEX-F3, NEX-3N, NEX-5, NEX-5N, NEX-5R, NEX-5T, NEX-6, NEX-7
- • Sony Smartshot QX1, QX10, QX30, QX100
- • Sony Security SNC-VB770, UMC-S3C
- • Sony Handicam NEX-VG10, NEX-VG20, NEX-VG30, NEX-VG900
- • Sony NXCAM NEX-EA50, NEX-FS100, NEX-FS700, NEX-FS700R
- • Sony XDCAM FS5, FS5 II, FS7, FS7 II, FX3, FX6, FX9
- • Sony CineAlta VENICE
The Vizelex ND Throttle is well known for having a built-in variable neutral density filter that offers 2 to 8 stops of light reduction. This concept in adapters has been praised by film makers and now Fotodiox has optimized the adapter for that same crowd. The new Vizelex Cine ND Throttle now feature a geared rotating ring for more precise ND selections and can be used with follow focus accessories. This small change makes the Vizelex Cine ND Throttle a versatile tool for any video shooter.
The Vizelex Cine ND Throttle reduces light transmission by one stop when at its ‘Min’ position. The adapter helps maintain shallow depth of field in bright conditions while eliminating the tedious process of changing filters every time the exposure changes. With the filter positioned in the rear, image quality is better than if the same filter were mounted on the front of a lens. The variable ND filter is made from optical polycarbonate (CR39) for clarity and durability.
- • Mounts vintage lenses to modern mirrorless cameras; infinity focus or beyond guaranteed
- • Built-in variable density range: ND4 – ND256 (2-8 stops)
- • Enhanced craftsmanship and high-tolerance construction for demanding professionals
- • Precision all-metal construction with chrome plated brass mounts for secure and solid fit
- • Limited 2-Year Manufacturer Warranty
- All pictures are for illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary slightly due to ongoing improvements in design.
- • This is a manual adapter, so lens functions that rely on electronic communication with the camera body (autofocus, AE metering, image stabilization, etc.) will be disrupted.
- • Some cameras need to be set a certain way to work with our adapters or you may get a message such as ‘Error Lens Not Attached – Check lens’. Please check the support articles on the Fotodiox Knowledge Base for possible solutions on a variety of camera brands.
- • ‘Focus-By-Wire’ lenses (such as Canon’s STM or Nikons AF-P) requires power to engage the manual focus rings on the lens, since manual lens mount adapters do not power the lens, those lenses will not be able to focus.
- • Set your exposure manually or meter using your camera’s Aperture Priority (stop-down) mode.
- • If your lens does not have a manual aperture control ring, the lens aperture will revert to its default position, which depending on the lens is either stopped down to its largest f-stop or opened up to its smallest f-stop.
- • To determine what the new ‘Crop Factor’ or ‘Equivalent Focal Length’ of the lens when used on your camera will be, please check the Fotodiox Knowledge Base article.
- • To remove the adapter, move the release lever (circled in red) in the direction of the red arrow: