Vizelex Cine ND Throttle Lens Mount Adapter from Fotodiox Pro Compatible with Canon EOS (EF / EF-S) D/SLR Lenses to Nikon Z-Mount Mirrorless Camera Body with Built-In Variable ND Filter (ND4-ND256)
Nikon Z-Mount Camera Compatibility List for Most* Adapter Types
Nikon Z-Mount Mirrorless Cameras – Popular models include:
* Note – This list specifically covers Consumer, Pro, DLX, ND Throttle, Polar Throttle, Shift, TLT Rokr, Pronto, Fusion, Macro & Astro adapter types. This list is NOT for RhinoCam Vertex adapters.
- • Nikon Z 7, Z 7II, Z 6, Z 6II, Z 5, Z 50
Bring new life to vintage work horse lenses
The Vizelex ND Throttle is well known for having a built-in variable neutral density filter that offers 2 to 8 stops of light reduction. This concept in adapters has been praised by film makers and now Fotodiox has optimized the adapter for that same crowd. The new Vizelex Cine ND Throttle now feature a geared rotating ring for more precise ND selections and can be used with follow focus accessories. This small change makes the Vizelex Cine ND Throttle a versatile tool for any video shooter.
Built-in Variable Density Filter: ND4 – ND256 (2-8 stops)
The Vizelex Cine ND Throttle reduces light transmission by one stop when at its ‘Min’ position. The adapter helps maintain shallow depth of field in bright conditions while eliminating the tedious process of changing filters every time the exposure changes. With the filter positioned in the rear, image quality is better than if the same filter were mounted on the front of a lens. The variable ND filter is made from optical polycarbonate (CR39) for clarity and durability.
Precision construction for secure and solid fit
As with all Fotodiox Pro series adapters, these adapters have been specially crafted to endure professional use. The leaf spring design in the adapter holds the lens tight to the camera body ensuring there is no play between the camera and the lens. The all metal design and polished surface is designed to guarantee a smooth mounting and long lasting experience. With unique styling, the lens mount adapter maintains a professional appearance. Although the lens will fit physically, automatic diaphragm, auto-focusing, or any other functions will not operate correctly while using this adapter. Because of this “stop-down mode” will need to be used when metering since the lens does not have the ability to have its aperture controlled by the camera body. You can shoot with manual mode or aperture priority mode. Infinity focusing is guaranteed.
Enhanced craftsmanship for demanding professionals
Fotodiox adapters are designed with precision tolerance that creates a solid, gap free, no play, no wiggle connection with no adjustments needed. Precision all-metal construction with chrome plated brass mounts for a secure and solid fit backed by our 24 month Fotodiox warranty.
- • Bring new life to vintage work horse lenses: Mounts Canon EOS (EF / EF-S) D/SLR Lenses to Nikon Z-Mount Mirrorless Camera Body
- • Built-in Variable Density Filter: ND4 – ND256 (2-8 stops);Integrated aperture control dial for adjusting the lens aperture
- • Precision all-metal construction with chrome plated brass mounts for secure and solid fit; infinity focus or beyond allowed
- • Enhanced craftsmanship and high-tolerance construction for demanding professionals
- • Limited 2-Year Manufacturer Warranty
All pictures are for illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary slightly due to ongoing improvements in design.
- • This is a manual adapter, so lens functions that rely on electronic communication with the camera body (autofocus, AE metering, image stabilization, etc.) will be disrupted.
- • Some cameras need to be set a certain way to work with our adapters or you may get a message such as ‘Error Lens Not Attached – Check lens’. Please check the support articles on the Fotodiox Knowledge Base for possible solutions on a variety of camera brands.
- • ‘Focus-By-Wire’ lenses (such as Canon’s STM or Nikons AF-P) requires power to engage the manual focus rings on the lens, since manual lens mount adapters do not power the lens, those lenses will not be able to focus.
- • Set your exposure manually or meter using your camera’s Aperture Priority (stop-down) mode.
- • If your lens does not have a manual aperture control ring, the lens aperture will revert to its default position, which depending on the lens is either stopped down to its largest f-stop or opened up to its smallest f-stop.
- • To determine what the new ‘Crop Factor’ or ‘Equivalent Focal Length’ of the lens when used on your camera will be, please check the Fotodiox Knowledge Base article.
- • To remove the adapter, move the release lever (circled in red) in the direction of the red arrow:
|Lens Mount:||Canon EOS (EF / EF-S) D/SLR Lens|
|Body Mount:||Nikon Z-Mount Mirrorless Camera Body|
|Variable Density Range||ND4 – ND256 (2 – 8 stops)|
|Product Dimensions||2.7 x 2.8 x 1.3 in (6.9 x 7.2 x 3.3 cm) @ 0.3 lb (5.2 oz)|
|Shipping Dimensions||8 x 10 x 1.5 in (20.3 x 25.4 x 3.8 cm) @ 0.5 lb (7.3 oz)|